Friday, July 20, 2012

My Movie Rubric

So I have been doing some thinking about my movie reviews on my other blog.  I have decided they need a rubric, a standard that they can all be measured on.  I will have different areas of evaluation, and a 5 will be given for perfect, 1 for very poor.  I will then average the scores for a overall score.  This post will be version 1.0.

Acting
     5-Really good acting from the whole cast.
     4-Mostly good acting from the whole cast.
     3-Really good acting from the main cast.
     2-Mostly good acting from the main cast.
     1-Poor acting from main cast.

Cinematography
     5-Great camera angles.  Great background scenery.  Top notch special effects. Great lighting.  Adds to the story, or does not distract from story (whichever in needed).
     4-Good camera angles.  Good background scenery.  Good special effects.  Good lighting.  Adds very little to the story, or does not distract a little from the story.
     3-Fair camera angles.  Fair background scenery. Fair special effects. Fair lighting.
     2-Poor camera angles.  Poor background set.  Poor special effects.  Poor lighting. Takes away from the story.
     1-Very poor camera shots. Very poor set. Very poor special effects. Very poor lighting.  Very distracting.

Plot
     5-Plot moves nicely.  No lulls.  Not predictable.  Entertaining.  Good mix of "action" and dialog."  Has a deeper meaning in the plot.
     4-Moves well.  No large lulls.  Fairly unpredictable.  Entertaining.  Fair mix of action and dialog.  Might have a deeper meaning.
     3-Moves fair.  Some lulls.  Fairly predictable.  Entertaining. Fair mix action or dialog.  Pretty shallow.
     2-Slow moving.  Some large lulls.  Predictable.  Un-entertaining.  Mostly dialog or action.  Shallow
     1-Dreadfully slow.  Lots of lulls.  "I saw that coming." Boring.  All dialog, or all action.  Very shallow.

For not that is it.  I most likely will release new versions the more I think about it.  At the bottom I will always say what version I used.



No comments:

Post a Comment